You are here
Aquabord is a clay coated hardboard panel that gives watercolorists unprecedented freedom and control. Comparable to watercolor paper, this multimedia panel simulates the absorbency and texture of cold pressed but allows color to be lifted back to white easily while also leaving the richest, most vibrant color possible. This reworkable surface provides natural looking highlights, fluid glazes, transparent subtle layers, and the ability to lift color while the surface is wet or even after it is dry.
Museum Series Claybord is made using 1/8" true artist hardboard and features Ampersand’s simply amazing kaolin clay ground formula similar in paintability to the clay gesso grounds used during the Renaissance. The surface is sanded to an ULTRA-smooth, highly absorbent finish so your paint colors remain true and brilliant. Work the surface by thinly applying paint or ink, then remove it, reapply it, even scratch through it to add contrast, texture and fine details. Claybord is a favorite of both fine and graphic artists. Only Ampersand builds their cradles by hand with premium grade 13-ply birch plywood for maximum stability and a clean, finished look from edge to edge.
• Ultra-smooth absorbent clay ground
• Accepts more mediums than any other surface
• One of a kind workability with paints and artist tools
Only Encausticbord has a ready to use surface formulated for the unique demands of encaustic painting and mixed media. Encaustic gesso is applied to Ampersand’s sealed Hardbord panel to form a bright, smooth and velvety surface that is ready to use with the ancient technique of encaustic painting. but also holds tight to layers of wax and collage without the fear of cracking or separation.
- Designed for the unique demands of encaustic painting.
- Absorbent ground pulls wax applications deep into the surface for unparalleled bond.
- An even white ground for brighter color and consistent surface.
- Accepts high heat applications without affecting the surface.
- Great for mixed media with Paper-like finish works wonderfully with charcoal, ink, graphic markers, collage, and more!
It’s true. Museum Series Gessobord is the most trusted pre-gessoed wood panel by artists for their work. The superior quality acrylic gesso ground does not dull colors and the wonderful lightly sanded surface provides exceptional brush control. Made with Ampersand’s 1/8" True Artist Hardboard and Archiva-Seal technology, the surface is acid-free, non-yellowing, and archival. Perfect for all painting styles with oil paints, acrylics and mixed media. Only Ampersand builds their cradles by hand with premium grade 13-ply birch plywood for maximum stability and a clean, finished look from edge to edge.
• 88% thicker acrylic gesso than other brands
• Consistently even, bright white finish
• Right level of absorbency, will not dull colors