You are here
Aquabord is a clay-coated hardboard panel that gives watercolorists unprecedented freedom and control. Comparable to watercolor paper, this multimedia panel simulates the absorbency and texture of cold-pressed but allows color to be lifted back to white easily while also leaving the richest, most vibrant color possible. This reworkable surface provides natural-looking highlights, fluid glazes, transparent subtle layers, and the ability to lift color while the surface is wet or even after it is dry.
- Textured Clay Surface
- Sizes: 8 x 8 in, 8 x 10 in, 9 x 12 in, 11 x 14 in, 12 x 12 in, 12 x16 in, 14 x 18 in, 16 x 20 in, & 18 x 24 in.
- Depths: Flat 1/8 in. or Deep Cradle 2 in.
- Made in the USA
Ampersand Unprimed Basswood Artist Panels Lifestyle. The Unprimed Basswood panel is handcrafted using a non-flexible basswood top, sanded perfectly smooth and ready to seal and prime with the ground of your choice. Compared with other wood panels on the market, the Unprimed Basswood is sanded perfectly smooth and lacks plywood seams, knots or raised fibers providing the cleaner, more professional look artists’ want. The support frames are made with quality solid pine strips that can be finished with paint or stain. Unprimed Basswood is great for encaustic, mixed media, collage and wood engraving.
• Ultra-stable premium Basswood top
• Sanded perfectly smooth
• FREE of knots, seams and excess wood grain
• Supported with solid pinewood cradles
• Accepts all types of painting grounds
• Great for encaustic, mixed media, collage and wood engraving
• Perfect for mounting canvas & giclees
Ampersand Value Series Artist Panels. Do you want more control over your paint applications and brighter truer colors? Then try the Artist Panel, a top quality MDF panel sealed with acid-free acrylic gesso with added canvas texture. Perfect with oil paints and acrylics, the ready-to-paint canvas-like texture gives artists all the advantages of painting on panel, but with the familiar feel of a fine linen or canvas. The durable rigid medium density fiberboard support makes the Artist Panel ideal for palette-knife painting and multi-media applications. Available in a 9mm panel with hanging slots on the back, a 3/4" and a 1.5" cradled profile. The cradle support frames are hand made using 1/2” birch plywood offering maximum stability and support.
• Acrylic gesso ground on MDF
• Medium canvas texture for optimum paint control
• Ampersand quality at an affordable price
• Ready to paint with oils, acrylics and mixed media