You are here
Fredrix 100% Dixie 12 oz Cotton Archival Canvas Boards
The Fredrix 100% Dixie 12 oz Cotton Archival Canvas Board is a professional grade, archival painting surface with medium texture canvas mounted on a primed and acid-free board. Titanium gesso and stretched over a rigid, acid-free hardboard core that won't warp. These canvas boards are suitable for both oil and acrylic painting. An affordable choice for artists who don't want to sacrifice quality. Good for acrylic, oils and mixed media. Made with the same canvas as Fredrix’s more expensive Pro Dixie canvas.
- Professional grade painting support
- Medium texture artist canvas mounted on an acid-free hardboard core
- Tempered hardboard core will not warp or rot
- Mounted with acid-free adhesive
- 100% cotton duck canvas
- Grounded with a proprietary, two coat, acid-free formula of acrylic-titanium gesso primer
- Suitable for oil or acrylic painting
- Comes in 6 different sizes, below:
New PRO Series Belgian Linen Pre-Stretched Canvas is considered the ultimate surface for oil painting and also among the most archival. Our professional-quality, pre-stretched canvases feature the finest, 5.5 oz pure Belgian linen, primed with acid-free acrylic Titanium gesso to a finished weight of 11 oz. Our top of the line stretcher strips are kiln dried to prevent warping with extra bracing for added support ensuring these canvases will stay straight and not warp over time. Fredrix PRO Series Belgian Linen canvases are perfect for oil, acrylic and alkyd paints.
These professional grade canvas boards are constructed throughout with the highest quality, non-acidic archival materials. The tempered hardboard core will not warp, become brittle or deteriorate over time. Mounted with proprietary acid-free adhesive, their surfaces use the finest Fredrix® primed canvases, ensuring they will stand the test of time.
Fredrix Belgian Mixed Media Linen Paint Boards. Featuring Fredrix's patent-pending Nature Core technology, the base of these archival boards is made from a blend of 100% biodegradable vegetable-based and recycled components. The 3/4" depth is comprised of an eco-friendly, vegetable-based bio-plastic, similar in texture to the foam in foam board. This bio-plastic is sandwiched between two layers of 100% recycled, pH neutral chipboard, then the board is mounted with pre-primed Belgian linen, ready for painting! Since they are so lightweight, Nature Core boards are perfect for plein air painting, and as with all Fredrix canvas, they are archival and designed to last a lifetime. Ensure the longevity of both your art and the planet with eco-friendly Nature Core Paint Boards!
Fredrix® Canvas Pliers are made from a chromium plated metal with a spring return handle.
Fredrix® Value Series presents Cut Edge Panels. Cut Edge Panels are identical to our best-selling Artist Series canvas panels, except they have no paper backing or wrapped edges, hence the name “cut edge panels”.
• Pre-primed with an acid-free acrylic gesso
• Available in a variety of sizes, shapes, and colors
• Medium texture canvas mounted to strong backing board
• Very rigid
Fredrix has been creating primings and sizings for over 140 years. They are made from the finest materials available.
Fredrix Metallic Pearl Stretched Canvas Has been Triple-primed in the USA under strict quality conditions with a specially formulated universal metallic gesso. The metallic gesso allows your artwork to POP with a vibrant, luminous shimmer that was left unpainted. Suitable for acrylic and oils. Available in the sizes below, gallery profile (1 3/8") on kiln-dried stretcher bars.
• Weight: 12.8 ozy / 435 gsm
• Thickness: 19 mils / 483 microns
• Composition: 65% Polyester, 35% Cotton base
• Weave Construction: 2:1
• Finish: Glossy Metallic Pearl
• Texture: Medium / Smooth
Featuring Fredrix's patent-pending Nature Core technology, the base of these archival boards is made from a blend of 100% biodegradable vegetable-based and recycled components. The 3/4" depth is comprised of an eco-friendly, vegetable based bio-plastic, similar in texture to the foam in foam board. This bio-plastic is sandwiched between two layers of 100% recycled, pH neutral chipboard, then the board is mounted with pre-primed cotton canvas, ready for painting! Since they are so lightweight, Nature Core boards are perfect for plein air painting, and as with all Fredrix canvas, they are archival and designed to last a lifetime. Ensure the longevity of both your art and the planet with eco-friendly Nature Core Paint Boards!
Fredrix Pro Dixie Stretch-it-yourself canvas kit features our heavyweight 12oz acrylic primed canvas. Our Patent Pending Clever Lever eliminates the need for pliers. The specially grooved stretcher bars and corner braces allow the canvas to easily square which results in a tightly stretched canvas every time.
- This kit includes everything you need to make a 36x48 inch canvas. The pre-cut, acrylic titanium-primed canvas is made with heavyweight cotton and has an excellent tooth. It is ready to paint with acrylics, oils, tempera or mixed media. Use the revolutionary new Fredrix Clever Lever to stretch the canvas yourself; the new corner bracket design ensures easy and accurate square-up. High-quality kiln-dried stretcher bars, sturdy fasteners, and step-by-step instructions will help guarantee the durability of your home-stretched canvas.