You are here
Richeson Casein Professional Artist Colors are fast-drying, reworkable water-soluble paints. Caseins are great for underpainting and work with oils! Casein (kay'seen) is a quick-drying, aqueous medium using a milk-based binding agent, and is one of the most durable mediums known to man. Nine thousand year old casein cave paintings have been discovered in Asia, and later, the medium was used by Byzantine, Roman and Renaissance artists including the Old Masters.
• Finest quality with a friendly price tag
• Milk protein-based paints
• Dries to a natural matte finish
• Apply in any manner from impasto to watercolor
• Suitable for a variety of surfaces
Casein Emulsion is the pure casein binder that is used to make casein paints. As such, it can be mixed with casein paints to improve the brushability or flow without altering any other characteristics. When using casein paints for very thin washes, mix one part Casein Emulsion with five parts water to ensure color brilliance and to maintain adhesion and integrity of the paint film.
Jack Richeson Wooden Manikins. Manikins are excellent reference tools for learning the basics of drawing. The manikins from Jack Richeson are made from smooth hardwood and feature adjustable ball joints. They are durable and elegantly finished.
- Male: 4.5 in, 8 in., 12 in.. & 16 in.
- Female: 8 in, 12 in., 16 in., 20 in., & 26 in.
- Right Hand: Male 10 in., and Female 10 in.
- Left Hand: Male 12 in.
- Dog: 6 in.
- Cat: 6 in.
- Horse: 12 in.
- Iguana: 12 in.
- Skeleton: Small 18 in.