You are here
Cross braces are important. Remember that a painting may hang for years, and a long length of lumber can bow. Many artists require extra strength and stability in their stretcher bars and that is why BEST Artist Products manufactures high quality cross braces. BEST recommends cross braces for any length exceeding 36″. Use BEST Cross Brace Brackets to attach your brace to your frame.
The medium-duty and lightweight bars are manufactured from high quality white pine. The lightweight bars are extremely useful in small paintings. These bars can save you money and make framing a little easier. BEST stretcher bars are made by Jack Richeson & Co., Inc. in Kimberly, Wisconsin.
• Sold individually
• Caution: The lightweight bars are not for use on large paintings.
An innovative approach to using cross braces! Designed to fit all sizes of Richeson Cross Braces, our sturdy cross brace bracket is the ideal way to support a stretched canvas.
• State of the art design works with all sizes of stretcher bars
• Slotted design allows for finest adjustment of canvas tension
Jack Richeson Wooden Manikins. Manikins are excellent reference tools for learning the basics of drawing. The manikins from Jack Richeson are made from smooth hardwood and feature adjustable ball joints. They are durable and elegantly finished.
- Male: 4.5 in, 8 in., 12 in.. & 16 in.
- Female: 8 in, 12 in., 16 in., 20 in., & 26 in.
- Right Hand: Male 10 in., and Female 10 in.
- Left Hand: Male 12 in.
- Dog: 6 in.
- Cat: 6 in.
- Horse: 12 in.
- Iguana: 12 in.
- Skeleton: Small 18 in.