Menu Ad Block
6/60 Shipping - $6 Flat Rate or FREE Shipping Over $60!
Orders usually ship in 24-48 hours.
You are here
Black Squirrel & Synthetic Short Handles - for Watercolor
This unique blend of natural squirrel hair and black synthetic filament creates ideal working tools for the watercolorist, silk painter, and artists working with inks, dyes, acrylics or gouache. Squirrel hair holds large amounts of color and releases it with perfect control. By itself, squirrel is delicate, so it is blended with a synthetic to resist wear and maintain a wonderful snap and spring. This soft blend allows multiple layer glazing without disturbing previous colors, yet it’s firm enough to lift color with a gentle scrub.
Black Velvet features polished black ferrules, carefully fitted to gloss black handles, each with a distinctive silver neck band.*
*Series 3008S: Beveled tip black plastic handles for scraping or burnishing.
*Series 3014S ferrules of stainless steel. Flat hardwood handles, lacquered gloss black with silver tips.
The revolutionary NEW synthetic with the control and feel of interlocked bristle, and more durable than natural hair. Ruby Satin offers a vast selection for artists working in every medium.
• Use Ruby Satin on rugged textured surfaces. Paint with confidence on wood, canvas, or tough fabrics like sweats, jeans or heavy cotton. With precise snap and fine control, Ruby Satin replaces more expensive natural hair.
• Ruby Satin offers superb color control with heavy body, tube, or jar acrylics, oils, gouache, encaustic or casein. Perfect for blending, double loading, layering and stroke work.
• Silver tipped, deep green polished handles, are sealed and set in seamless nickeled brass ferrules.
New Silver Scrubber brush sets are perfect for watercolor liftoff and reworking color on paper or any surface. The Silver Scrubbers can also be used for scrubbing, stippling, scrumbling, blotting and stenciling. Work on any paper, canvas, fabric, wood, walls and more. The “Scrubbers” are made of a very fine quality stiff white taklon. Use in oil, jar, or tube acrylics, all water-based media and paint sticks. Can also be used with thicker paints on rough, sturdy fabric. The Scrubbers are perfect for graduated tint or blending two colors together. Each set features 3 popular sizes 1/4, 1/2, and 5/8”. They are very useful tools.
Soft white synthetic brushes manufactured with three different diameter selected and blended tapered white taklon filaments to hold sharp flat edges and fine round needle points. The spring and color capacity duplicates the finest natural hair, at a fraction of the price.
• These multi-purpose brushes are suitable for water base media including acrylics, watercolor, gouache, inks, dyes & tempera.
• Silverwhite, fitted with short, polished, white tipped silver handles and seamless nickel ferrules are made in a broad family of sizes and shapes.
• They offer extraordinary value for crafters, watercolor and decorative artists, students, and hobbyists.